Landlord and Tenant

If you are a property owner who lets residential accommodation, your top priority is to protect your investment and also your rental income. When problems arise with tenants, you will need expert legal advice to minimise your costs and loss of income.

Whatever your reasons for becoming a landlord, managing and letting property can be complicated and you may experience the following types of problems:

  • You may wish to give notice to an occupant and obtain possession;
  • You may have a tenant who is failing to pay rent or breaking other terms of their tenancy;
  • You will need to know if you need to register the rental deposit with a tenancy deposit scheme
  • Your property may require repairs and you may be concerned as to how these will be carried out with a tenant in occupation;
  • Your tenant may be complaining about defects at the property and you are unsure as to who is responsible for remedying those defects;
  • Your tenant may be complaining about a neighbouring tenant and you are unsure how to deal with the conflict;
  • Your tenant may have contacted the Local Authority about the property and you may be unsure as to how to deal with Local Authority Regulations or whether your property should be licensed/registered

Whatever your concerns, our landlord and tenant solicitors can assist and represent you in finding a solution to your problems.

We provide specialist advice and representation to landlords with difficult property disputes and have extensive experience in dealing with complex issues arising from the landlord and tenant relationship.

If you are a landlord and have a dispute with a tenant, or need assistance or representation in court proceedings, our housing solicitors are committed to protecting your investment.

Please contact us to see how we can help you.

Start typing and press Enter to search